Les Meysonniers Rouge, Crozes-Hermitage - M.Chapoutier

Chapoutier’s  Crozes-Hermitage is made from organically grown grapes. The exclusion of all chemical products (in particular herbicides), and the ploughing of the vineyards, enables the vine to plunge its root system deep down into the heart of the soil.

Deeper root systems make the vine’s physiological behaviour more even, and provide better resistance to sudden changes in temperature.

The soils of the vineyards south facing slopes consists of a mixture of clay, pebbles and gravel. The alluvial terroir of Crozes-Hermitage was formed by terraces from the Rhône and Isère rivers.

It is aged for around 12 months, 85% of which takes place in concrete tanks to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit. The remaining 15% is aged in barrel which gives the wine consistency and power, along with aromatic complexity.

Produced from Syrah vines that are at least 25 years old.

Producer’s Tasting Notes

Appearance: very intense purplish red.

Nose: red fruits, blackcurrant and raspberry, followed by violet aromas.

Palate: ample and round, final of stewed fruits and vanilla.

£19.50

Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
•  Country France
•  Bottle Size 75cl
•  Alcohol 14.5%
•  Vintage 2018
•  Colour Red
•  Region Rhone
•  Varietal Syrah
•  Type
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian
X