Monier de la Sizeranne Hermitage - M.Chapoutier

Hermitage “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from a blending of grapes grown on different soil-types. “Les Bessards”, from a granitic origin, it constitutes the “soul” of a good Hermitage. “Le Méal”, old alluvial terraces, with a lot of gravels and shingles more or less calcareous. “Les Greffieux”, silty soil with shingles.

The grapes are entirely destemmed and fermented in concrete tanks.  It is then aged for 18 months, 85% of which takes place in oak barrels, giving the wine its notes of oak. The remaining 15% is aged in concrete tanks to preserve minerality and freshness.

Tasting Notes

Red fruits with a hint of liquorice are evident on the nose. The palate is round and elegant with flavours of blackcurrant, raspberry and spicy aromas when it is young.

 

£69.00

Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
•  Country France
•  Bottle Size 75cl
•  Alcohol 14%
•  Vintage 2015
•  Colour Red
•  Region Rhone
•  Varietal Syrah
•  Type
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian
X